Sunday 10 May 2009

Skee-Lo-1995-I wish [Maxi Cd]

"I Wish" is a 1995 song by rapper Skee-Lo. The track peaked at number 13 on the Billboard Top 100 and number 15 in the UK charts in December of the year. It was the first release from Skee-Lo's album of the same name. The song is a send-up of how many people base their dreams for happiness on acquiring certain possessions or status symbols. The endless dissatisfaction which results when people fail to do this is highlighted in the refrain's list of increasingly ludicrous demands "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller... I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala". The implication is that people should learn to appreciate what they have.

01-I wish (Radio Edit)
02-I wish (Street Mix)
03-I wish (Old School Dub)
04-I wish (Concrete Jungle Mix)
05-I wish (Mama's Dub)
06-I wish (Acappella)


Bitrate 320
Size 64.2
Cd Rip

No comments: